Pre / Post Care
before your service:
You must notify your service provider if you are currently on or have used in the last 6 months: Retin A, Accutane, Renova, cortisones, blood thinners, products that contain AHA's (alpha hydroxy acids), and/or have received Botox, Juvaderm or any other injections and/or aesthetic laser procedures, etc…
You must notify your service provider if you have received any of the following treatments within the past 60 days: Botox, Juvaderm or any other injections and/or aesthetic laser procedures, chemical peel, enzyme application, deep exfoliation, microdermabrasion, dermaplaning, microblading/permanent makeup, facial, or any other medical or esthetics treatments.
You must notify your service provider if you have a history of cold sores.
**THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN PROTECTION. SILK SKIN STUDIO LLC AND ITS PROVIDERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR REACTIONS CAUSED BY THESE PRODUCTS.**
You must notify your service provider if you have a history of sensitivity, redness, irritation, bumps, bruises, rash, etc..
You must cease application of all topical retinoids, Vitamin A derivative products, Glycolic or chemical exfoliants, mechanical exfoliants (such as scrubs) 1 week prior to your service.
No facial waxing within 1 week prior to your peel.
Avoid sun exposure without sunscreen of SPF 30+ . Avoid tanning beds.
Everyone is different and most clients do not experience reactions beyond redness and minor irritation. Any sensitivity, redness or irritation that may occur generally subsides within 72 hrs - 1 week after application. Silk Skin Studio LLC can never guarantee that a client or their skin will be free from irritation.
We strive to always provide the best service possible but will never guarantee individual results, comfort or irritation level.
If you are a new client, please fill out our online Service Consent Form prior to your service.
After your service:
1. DO wash twice a day with a gentle cleanser and liberally apply a bland moisturizer after cleansing and throughout the day as needed to prevent dryness and crusting.
2. DO NOT vigorously rub the skin and DO NOT pick at the flaking skin as this may cause scarring.
3. Sun protection is critical. You should NOT have any sun exposure; you must wear a broad spectrum sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30. This includes driving to work. NO TANNING BEDS!
3. NO saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools and other heated sources for at least 7 days after your peel.
4. NO laser treatments, waxing, the use of depilatories, or microdermabrasion for 3 weeks.
5. DO wait 7 days before resuming the use of Retin-a (tretinoin), Renova, Differin, Tazorac, Ziana, Veltin, Atralin, glycolic acids or any other exfoliating agents such as a Clarisonic Brush.
6. The procedure may cause swelling, redness, crusting, dryness, skin sensitivity, itching, and stinging.
what to expect:
Slight peeling of the site may occur for 3-5 days after application but could last for 1-2 weeks. In the days after the peel, the skin may feel and look tight, with parchment-paper like changes or darkening. These are expected reactions.
Mild Itching, irritation, redness, increased sensitivity may occur. Your skin may also be temperature sensitive for a few days after treatment.
Small whiteheads may come to skin's surface.
For best results, we recommend a series of 6 treatments administered at 2-4 week intervals. You may notice immediate as well as longer term improvements in your skin.