Before your wax service:
You must notify your service provider if you are currently on or have used in the last 6 months: Retin A, Accutane, Renova, cortisones, blood thinners, products that contain AHA's (alpha hydroxy acids), and/or have received Botox, Juvaderm or any other injections and/or aesthetic laser procedures, etc…
**THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN PROTECTION. SILK SKIN STUDIO LLC AND ITS PROVIDERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR REACTIONS CAUSED BY THESE PRODUCTS.**
You must notify your service provider if you have a history of sensitivity, redness, irritation, bumps, bruises, rash, etc.. as a result of past waxing services.
We recommend 1/4 of an inch of hair growth before waxing (about 2-3 week of regrowth after shaving). This ensures hair is long enough for the wax to grip on to.
Gently exfoliate the area to be waxed 1-2 days before your appointment. This helps bring hair to the surface and rids dead cells around skin pores and hair follicles, allowing for an easier exit. Lightly exfoliate using a loofah or gentle scrub and warm water, not hot! Scrubs available in studio.
Maximum wax results generally last 1-2 weeks with need to wax again every 3-6weeks depending on the individual and their hair growth.
- Because hair grows in three different stages, your very first wax may grow some stubble after just a couple of days. This is not the hair that was waxed already growing, but another cycle that was still under the skin during waxing.
- If hair is thin or weak it may break at the root during waxing which also causes some hairs to grow out faster.
Everyone is different and most clients do not experience reactions beyond redness and minor irritation. Any sensitivity, redness or irritation that may occur generally subsides within 24-72 hrs and occurs less with frequent waxing. Silk Skin Studio LLC can never guarantee that a client or their skin will be free from irritation.
We strive to always provide the best wax service possible but will never guarantee individual wax results, comfort or irritation level.
If you are a new client, please fill out our online 'Service Consent Form’ prior to your service. This helps save time at your service and keeps us green by being paper-free.
After your wax service:
1. Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after your wax service.
2. Avoid the sun/tanning immediately after waxing and wear sun screen; recently waxed areas are prone to hyperpigmentation (permanent darkening of the skin) if exposed to the sun.
3. Avoid saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools and other heated sources for at least 48 hours.
4. Do not use exfoliating products (AHAs, scrubs, etc) and loofas for a minimum of 48 hours after waxing as they might further irritate your skin.
5. Avoid wearing tight clothing, especially in the waxed areas, as this may result in increased irritation and ingrown hairs.
6. Exfoliate 2-3 times per week to help remove dead skin so hairs grow out above the skin and don’t become ingrown. Have you checked out the scrubs we carry in the studio from Suds Soap Co?
7. No hot baths, hot showers or sexual activity for 10 hours after a Brazilian. While your pores are open, they are vulnerable to irritation by the extreme temperatures and possible infection of bacteria.
8. Moisturize with a tea tree or lavender lotion after showering, this has a soothing, healing and antibacterial effect.
9. If using an ingrown hair product, use this alone until the ingrowns and redness are minimized. No product? We recommend Suds Soap bars and scrubs, witch hazel, coconut oil, aloe. Suds Soap products are available in studio for purchase
10. Wax every 3-4 weeks for best results. Routine waxing helps the skin get accustomed to the procedure and may minimize irritation.